The Complete Campaign
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
PROVEN PRACTICES AND EMERGING TRENDS
Charleston South Carolina
French Quarter Inn
Thursday, January 21 - Friday, January 22, 2015
Is a capital campaign in your future? Capital campaigns are watershed moments in the life of any nonprofit. They have the power to transform, to energize and to advance your mission.
In this highly informative, in-depth and engaging course Winkler Group experts will share capital campaign best practices. We will also explain current capital campaign trends and their effect on campaign goals and outcomes.
Capital campaigns led by the Winkler Group average 117% of their original goal. During the course, we will share the essential steps the Winkler Group implements to ensure this success rate. You will learn practical tips including the importance of a plannning study, establishing realistic stretch goals, properly qualifying prospects, identifying capable leadership, and leveraging the campaign to maximize the amount of money raised.
This two-day course is intended for chief executives, board chairs, and intermediate to advanced development professionals. Space is limited to allow interaction and directed learning.
What you will learn:
· What is a capital campaign.
· Determining an organization's readiness for a campaign.
· The importance of a planning study.
· Articulating the case for support focusing on ROI.
· The benefits and limitations of wealth screening.
· Establishing a campaign budget.
· Setting capital campaign goals.
· Recruiting capable leadership.
· Training volunteer solicitors to make an effective ask.
· Maintaining annual giving during a campaign.
· The role of a consultant.
· Moves management strategies before, during and after a campaign.
The course will exlpain trends that are affecting today's capital campaigns, answering questions such as:
· How, what and why are donors giving today?
· How to leverage your organization's social ROI during a campaign?
· How does online giving fit into a capital campaign?
· What role can, and should, social media marketing play in a capital campaign?
· How do you avoid donor fatigue?
· How do you attract new donors to your organization during a campaign?
Participants will be provided with clear metrics that enable them to judge their organization's readiness for a campaign. You will walk away from this primer-course with confidence and the knowledge of what it takes to implement a successful capital campaign.
French Quarter Inn, Charleston Luxury Hotel
166 Church Street
Charleston, South Carolina
Group rate: $179.00/night
Please complete the following to register for the campaign course: